What We Do
SUPPORT:PEERS Alliance offers a variety of supports to Islanders:
- Navigation of services and support for those living with and/or newly diagnosed with HIV and/or Hep C
- Navigation and support to get tested for HIV, Hep C and all sexually transmitted infections
- Navigation of services and support for transgender and gender diverse Islanders
- Social Support programming for 2SLBGTQ+ Youth & Adults
- Harm reduction support in relation to substance use
- Food security programming for those living with HIV and Hep C
- Peer-to-peer mentorship
INFORMATION/RESOURCESPEERS Alliance offers information and resources about HIV, Hep C, and all STBBI's (Sexually Transmitted and Blood Borne Infections) for individuals, families, educators, and community based organizations. Specifically, we offer informational resources on topics such as:
COMMUNITY BUILDINGPEERS Alliance is deeply committed to community engagement. We are here to work with those communities most impacted and affected by HIV, Hep C and all sexually transmitted infections on PEI. We have developed a number of opportunities for groups and individuals to be directly involved with our organization while building and expanding engagement and leadership capacity.
- Totally OUTright
- PEI Queer Youth Collective
- 2SLGBTQ+ Adult Drop-In
- Roots & Shoots
- PEEP program (Capacity, leadership and knowledge exchange)
For more information on what PEERS Alliance does, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-566-2437.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGEPEERS Alliance is deeply committed to helping people get the information they need to make the best possible decisions for themselves, with their clients, and for their organizations. Creating safer spaces is key to ensuring services are inclusive, open and welcoming to all. Much of our programming centres around sharing and exchanging knowledge with individuals, communities, service providers, and policy developers focused on inclusion, harm reduction, and sexual health. Our education and knowledge exchange work is carried out in a number of ways including community engagement events, topic based education or engagement sessions, and capacity building activities.
PEERS Alliance produces a bi monthly newsletter that helps to keep you informed. If you would like a copy of our newsletter, please contact us and we are happy to e-mail one to you!
CLICK TO VIEW LATEST NEWSLETTERS